Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh
In our culture of busyness, we often forget to reflect on the beauty and joy that surrounds us. We lose sight of ourselves and our connection to nature.
A Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh gives us the time and space to pause and rediscover that which we have lost.
Stepping out of our usual routines, we are able to let go of everyday stress and habitual patterns. Our nervous system relaxes and resets. Creativity and imagination are rekindled. And we just have fun.
We return to our daily lives refreshed and renewed.
We've designed a program that can gently guide our overworked and stressed-out bodies into a slower rhythm through conscious movement and breath. As we slow down and connect more deeply with our bodies, we begin to notice more of our internal experiences and their richness.
And that deeper level of awareness can create more space to observe, receive, and relate to the world around us with calmer and clarity.
Yoga and other creative activities will take us deep into awareness of ourselves with plenty of free time to integrate our experiences. We will benefit from the power of joining together as a group, away from our regular settings and usual triggers, where we can try on new ways of acting or being. We will be supported by the healing presence of nature all around us along with delicious, nutritious meals prepared with love and care. And we will have time for fun, play, and plenty of rest.
YOGA & SOULFUL BREATHWORK RETREAT INFO
Using Mother Nature as our guide, we will quiet our minds and connect to our spirit through restorative yoga classes, guided breathwork sessions, creative expression through art and movement, opportunities to spend time in nature, cozy accommodations, and delicious meals. Coming together in the mountains of Rishikesh on the verge of spring, we will gently awaken ourselves to the vitality of life with joy and awareness. No prior experience is needed to attend and you can choose how much or little to participate.
- Experience the gifts of breath and movement
- Revitalize or deepen your self-care
- Connect with community and nature
- Nourish your body and soul
- Play, rest and simply be
Accommodations are in double occupancy rooms with two twin beds and a private bath. Bedding and towels are provided. Our retreat includes 5 meals featuring regionally grown foods and seasonal produce.
PREPARING FOR OUR RETREAT
We encourage you to clear your schedule as much as possible, so you can unplug and allow yourself to be fully present to all that you witness within and around yourself during the retreat. You may wish to bring a small notebook or a journal where you can record some of your experiences and observations.
The best preparation is to deepen your commitment to yourself by allowing the time of the retreat to be fully available to you. We invite you to create an intention for your experience during the retreat to enrich your experience.
Once you arrive, give yourself a moment to take a deep breath and let go of whatever you left behind in your daily life. Get ready to relax and unwind...you're on retreat now!
Daily Retreat Schedule
|06:00 AM||Get up|
|06:30 AM - 07:30 AM||Meditation Session|
|07:30 AM - 09:00 AM||Pranayama and Hatha Yoga Session|
|09:30 AM - 10:30 AM||Breakfast is served|
|10:30 PM - 01:00 PM||Free time|
|01:00 PM - 02:00 PM||Lunch is served|
|02:00 PM - 03:45 PM||Rest Period|
|04:00 PM - 05:30 PM||Ashtanga-Vinyasa Yoga|
|05:30 PM - 06:00 PM||Yoga Nidra|
|06:00 PM - 08:00 PM||Free time|
|08:00 PM - 09:00 PM||Dinner is served|
|09:30 PM||Turn off the lights|
WHAT TO BRING ON RETREAT
- Lose, comfortable clothes you can move around in
- A bathing suit and towel if you plan to swim or enjoy the waterfall
- Walking shoes for outdoor activities
- Slippers or socks for indoor activities
- Toiletries - Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, contact solution, hairbrush, etc.
- Yoga mat
- Pillow or bolster for sitting on the floor, if you like
- A simple gift for a giveaway ceremony - suggestions include something found in nature (a pretty stone or seashell), a copy of your favorite poem, a small framed photo or blank journal, or something handmade by you. Recycled gifts are fine, too.
What is included in the Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh fees?
The cost of the course includes:
- Accommodation for 28 Days
- Vegetarian meals and herbal tea are served on a daily basis.
- Weekend outings
- Course materials will be made available (Notebooks, Yoga Mat, Cleansing kit)
What is excluded from the Yoga Retreat Fee?
- Personal Expenses
- Expenses for Medical Care
- Any Extra-Class or Transportation
Principles and Guidelines for Yoga Retreats in Rishikesh
- Early in the morning, classes begin.
- Respectful behavior is expected on and off the premises at all times.
- Rishikesh Yoga Gurukulam's rules and regulations must be followed.
- There are no refunds on course fees.
- Students must return all books to the library before leaving Rishikesh Yoga Gurukulam.
- On the premises of the Rishikesh Yoga Gurukulam, non-vegetarian meals, smoking, and using alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
Yoga Retreats - Rishikesh Yoga Gurukulam