Yin Yoga postures
The origins of Yin Yoga postures date back to 1980. The American Paul Grilley is the founder of Yin Yoga. He has a special interest in yoga anatomy. This interest was sparked by the book “Autobiography of a Yogi”.
Yin Yoga postures are different from dynamic yoga forms. Yin yoga focuses mainly on static postures that are held for a long time. Join 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh to learn more about multi-style yoga postures.
A counterpart to Yin Yoga is the Yang Yoga form. Think of Power Yoga. Here the dynamic, active, energetic approach plays a big role.
What are Yin Yoga postures?
Yin yoga postures involve holding the asanas (exercises) for an extended period of time. You can stand in a pose for up to 5 minutes.
You perform the exercises statically. There is little movement or even stillness during the performance.
Yin yoga is offered in a passive manner. However, this does not mean that it is not intense. Holding a pose longer can be experienced as intense.
Joints and connective tissues are loosened, relaxed and strengthened. It focuses less on muscle tension. This is often seen in active yang yoga exercises.
8 Benefits of Yin Yoga Postures
Practicing yin yoga has several benefits. We have listed 8 for you that we think are very important:
1. You release muscle tension in your body. For some people, it is very difficult to learn to relax. Through Yin Yoga, you can apply relaxation to different parts of your body.
2. You learn to discover yourself while standing in a posture. As you remain in a posture for a longer period of time, it is important that you are able to focus mentally as well. You need to be able to let go mentally as well as physically.
3. Yin yoga is easy to follow. It is a very accessible form of yoga, even for beginners. This form of yoga is suitable for everyone, with or without limitations.
4. Yin yoga relaxes your body. For example, an office job often requires you to stay in the same posture for a long time. This can cause your body to stiffen and cause discomfort. Yin yoga balances out the long sitting posture.
5. For people who want to improve their meditation posture, Yin Yoga is also a very good solution. You will work on good posture and learn to maintain it for a long period of time. In time, you will even find that it is comfortable to hold this posture for a longer period of time.
6. Meditation is stimulated. You learn to balance mentally and physically. You can concentrate better, but also listen to your own body. You find peace within yourself.
7. Yin yoga has a positive effect on people with muscular ailments. For example, think of rheumatism patients. Also complaints in the pelvis, back, spine, neck and shoulders can be treated with Yin Yoga.
8. In times of intense stress or even burnout, this form of yoga can help reduce or even combat symptoms. Giving space to the body and mind in a quiet way provides a good rest.
Contact Us: Rishikesh Yoga Gurukulam, Tapovan, Laxman Jhula, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, 249192, India
+91-9300987000 [email protected]
Tags: Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | Yoga Course in Rishikesh | Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh | Yoga School in Rishikesh